CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
HOLIDAY STAIN GUIDE
HOLIDAY STAIN GUIDE – As seen on 3TV/Phoenix (Good Morning Arizona) – December 3, 2018 – 8:40am
How to Get Rid of Sap Stains
Sap stains can be treated right away or when it has hardened. Dab with mineral spirits or oil solvent; let air dry. Rub with laundry detergent before laundering.
How to Get Rid of Chocolate Stains
For washable fabrics: Start with a combination solvent for grease. Rinse thoroughly. If the stain remains, follow up with a digestant for protein.
How to Remove Red or White Wine From Fabric
– For red wine stains, first dab with white wine or vodka (you read that right) and let it sit for 1 minute. Then, for both red and white wine stains, immerse in cool water for 30 minutes.
– For difficult stains, blot on a solution of ½ cup hydrogen peroxide and 1 teaspoon ammonia. Let stand for 2 to 3 hours and launder as usual. On carpet, blot first with a damp cloth and then blot well with a pad of paper towels to absorb all the moisture.
How to Remove Gravy, Butter, or Salad Dressing On Fabric
– If the stain is still wet, pre-treat and launder in warm water right away.
– If the OOPS happened during dinner on table linen, simply cover the problem with baking soda or cornstarch to absorb. Prior to laundering, treat with my Miracle Spotter. Combine two parts hydrogen peroxide and 1 part DAWN Ultra dish soap. Spritz on spot and work it in, let sit 30 minutes, launder as usual. You can use this spotter on ALL laundry stains.
– KEEP ON HAND: Queen of Clean – All Purpose Cleaner™. It’s a great laundry spotter for greasy, oily stains. Spray, work in to the stain and launder as usual. Be sure the stain is gone before putting in the dryer.
How to Get Rid of Tea and Coffee Stains
Flush spot with lemon juice to remove color, then diluted bleach if necessary. If tea or coffee contains sugar, follow up with flush of water; if it contains milk, follow up with combination solvent.
How to Remove Cranberry Sauce or Apple Cider Stains
Flush stain with cool water. Mix one tablespoon of white vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon of liquid laundry detergent with one quart of cool water. Soak in this solution for 15 minutes. Rinse with water. If the stain remains, sponge the stain with rubbing alcohol and rinse thoroughly. Launder, using chlorine bleach, if safe for the fabric, otherwise use non-chlorine bleach.
- Place clothing, stain-side down, on top of paper towels. Pour rubbing alcohol onto a clean white cloth, then dab and blot the back of the affected area until the stain comes through the material. Blot until the lipstick is gone.
– If any of the stain remains, use a pre-wash spray or stick, or rub liquid laundry detergent into the area, then wash. Check the stain before putting the garment in the dryer (heat may set the stain); repeat if necessary.