CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Cleaning Exterior Brick
About this Tip:
How to clean unsealed brick and remove stains
How to clean unsealed brick to remove stains
- Pour a gallon of undiluted white vinegar in a 2 gallon bucket
- Using a big, jumbo size sponge soak it in the vinegar, don't wring it out.
- Soak the nsealed brick with it repeatedly
- Let the brick dry and then scrub with a stiff brush - a scrub brush is perfect
- Still got stains? Repeat the procedure
- Once the brick is cleaned up, hose down the area with water
- If necessary, repeat the entire process
Warnings & Cautions:
I suggest you hose down any plants or grass in the area to dilute the vinegar as you apply it. Hose it all off again when you are done.
QUEEN TIP: Look for white vinegar at warehouse stores in gallon jugs to save money
Why It Works:
The acid in the white vinegar lifts and helps remove stains. No it won't hurt the brick. Always remember it doesn't hurt your stomach.