CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
How To REMOVE MUSTY SMELL From TOWELS
About this Tip:
Removing odor from towels with hydrogen peroxide
Removing odor from towels with hydrogen peroxide. A NATURAL way to get the smell our of your towels.
- You notice that when you jump out of the shower and start to dry off with a clean towel that you get that musty, dirty sock smell. You can freshen the towels and remove the odor with hydrogen peroxide.
- Add ¼ - ½ cup of hydrogen peroxide (depending on load size) to the washing machine along with your normal detergent.
- Fill the machine with hot water before inserting the towels
- Add an extra rinse cycle to your standard wash cycle
- Dry as you normally would
Warnings & Cautions:
DO NOT use fabric softener on towels. It coats the fibers and adds to this problem. Use ¼ cup of white vinegar in the rinse dispenser. Once dry your towels will not smell like vinegar. You can also use foil dryer balls.
Why It Works:
The hydrogen peroxide breaks down any detergents and mildew-causing bacteria that build up in the towel’s fibers. The extra rinse washes it all away.