CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
How To Make Your own HAND SANITIZER
About this Tip:
How to make your own effective hand sanitizer
How to make your own effective HAND SANITIZER.
- Combine the following in a bowl or container:
- 1 - teaspoon of 71% - 95% Rubbing Acohol (must be this percent alcohol to kill viruses)
- 1/4 - cup Aloe Vera Gel
- 1/2 - teaspoon Vegetabe Glycerin
- Stir the ingredients togther to combine well. I like using a small whisk
- Once combined you can add 10 or so drops of essential oil - this is optional
- Again stir to combine
- Add a small amount distilled or puriied water. I add about 1/2 teaspoon at a time to get the consistency of hand sanitizer. Stir again
- A repurposed hand sanitizer container or other container.
- Using a funnnel add the sanitizer to the bottle
This is a substitute for store bought hand sanitizer
Warnings & Cautions:
Measure carefully to be sure you don't over dilute the mixture. To disinfect you must use 71% or higher alcohol content. Buy this anywhere alcohol is sold. Make up a few bottles at a time. It does not contain stabilizers so it could loose potency after a month or so.
To sanitize you must use enough product to coat fingers and hands. If you use too little it will not sanitize.
Why It Works:
The alcohol sanitizes and the aloe vera keeps hands from drying out and helps distribute the alcohol to hand surfaces. The glycerine draws moisture to the skin.