Clean your kicks with something you use everyday.
- Wet an old toothbrush and apply white non-gel toothpaste to them.
- Wet the shoe and scrub with the toothpaste and brush working on the dirty areas.
- This will start the stain removal process.
- Prepare the shoes to go into the washing machine.
- Put them in in a zip up mesh laundry bag with your regular detergent and ½ cup of Twenty Mule Team Borax. Run through the short cycle with warm water.
- When done, re-shape the shoes and dry out of the sunlight. Once dry, apply a dirt repellant like Scotchgard for Fabric or a leather protector for leather shoes.