What You Need:
- Paper Towels
- Club Soda or Seltzer (alternate: cold water)
- Carpet Spotter
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Using heavy pads of paper towels, blot up all the spill that you can
- Pour on club soda, seltzer, or cold water this will help lighten and break down the stain
- Blot again, standing on pads of paper towels to absorb
- Allow the area to dry until just damp and then use your favorite carpet spotter
- If the stain remains, try pouring 3% hydrogen peroxide on the area
- Let sit for 15 minutes, then blot
- If the stain is lightening you can repeat this process as needed to remove.
- Final step: Flush with cool water and blot, blot, blot
Why it Works:
The carbonation in the club soda bubbles up the spill so you can remove it and the salts keep it from staining.
Getting to the spill quickly will insure success. Hot coffee and tea is like brown dye. Quick treatment is vital.Always have a few bottles of club soda in your pantry for spills. If you can put water on the area you are cleaning, you can use club soda.
Share with your friends!