How to clean the cutting blades and wheel on the can opener and keep them moving freely.
Watch the VIDEO: Click on the video to play
- Fold a paper towel in 3rds or 4ths
- Close the blades of the can opener on the towel as if you were going to open a can
- Turn the handle and allow the paper towel to feed through the can opener removing dirt and food particles
- If you are opening partcularly juicy things such as beans, tuna, tomato sauce etc. clean the can opener immediately
- Wash the can opener with hot, soapy water using a brush or old toothbrush to remove debris. Rinse well and allow to dry
- If the can opener becomes hard to turn, lubricate it by folding a piece of wax paper into 3rds or 4ths and run through the can opener several times.
- The wax on the paper will lubricate the blades and wheel makng them easy to turn