CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Cleaning A Manual Can Opener – VIDEO
About this Tip:
How to clean the cutting blades and wheel on the can opener and keep them moving freely
How to clean the cutting blades and wheel on the can opener and keep them moving freely.
Watch the VIDEO: Click on the video to play
- Fold a paper towel in 3rds or 4ths
- Close the blades of the can opener on the towel as if you were going to open a can
- Turn the handle and allow the paper towel to feed through the can opener removing dirt and food particles
- If you are opening partcularly juicy things such as beans, tuna, tomato sauce etc. clean the can opener immediately
- Wash the can opener with hot, soapy water using a brush or old toothbrush to remove debris. Rinse well and allow to dry
- If the can opener becomes hard to turn, lubricate it by folding a piece of wax paper into 3rds or 4ths and run through the can opener several times.
- The wax on the paper will lubricate the blades and wheel makng them easy to turn
Warnings & Cautions:
Dirt from the top of cans, food and debris build up on the blades and wheel of the can opener. This can enter the can of food you are opening.
When you wash the can opener leave it open for a while before storing so it dries without rusting Wash or wipe the lid on cans prior to opening to remove dirt