What You Need:
- Artificial sweetener, cornstarch, babby powder or conrnmeal
- Prewash product
- Warm water
- Dishwashing liquid
- Pour the artificial sweetener, conrstarch, baby powder OR cornmeal on the area.
- Cover with a pad of paper towels and weight it down. This helps absorb the grease
- Once you have absorbed the grease,brush the powder off and pretreat with your favorite spotter
- I like to use an Oily Stain Remover. Here's how to make it.
- Combine in a squirt bottle:
- 8 - Tablespoons of warm water
- 1 Tablespoon of glycerin (find at drug stores or Amazon)
- 1 Tablespoon liquid dish soap
- Shake the bottle, apply to the grease.
- Let sit about 30 minutes.
- Air dry to be sure the stain is removed. Re-treat if needed. Do not put in the dryer, it will set the stain if it is not removed.
- Launder as usual
Why it Works:
The Oily stain remover regenerates the grease so that it can be removed from the fabric
You can store this Oily Stain remover on your laundry shelf and use on any oil, grease, salad dressing etc on clothes or tablecloths or other fabric
Share with your friends!