CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
About this Tip:
How to clean countertops and keep them clean everyday. This tip provides tips for multiple countertop types.
Hose to clean counrtertops
- Every evening, after the last meal of the day, wipe counters down with a cleaner that is formulated to work on your specific counter material
- Make s;ure you pay extra attention to dirt and mildew collectors around the coffeemaker, where spills and drips happen, and around the dish drainer if you are using one.
- If you are using a dish drainer be sure to use a disinfecting cleaner weekly and rinse with hot water
- One of the easiest ways to clean any counter surface is with a micro fiber cloth wrung out in hot water. Wipe it down thoroughly and buff dry with a fresh cloth
- Once a week pull out anything sitting on the countertops and clean under them and put back
Warnings & Cautions:
If you are using a disinfecting spray or wipe you must rinse it off thoroughly. Disinfectants are not safe for spray and wipe on food surfaces.
Got Granite? Use a stone cleaner 1 time per week to polish and help seal it. Got Laminate like Formica? To freshen up an older counters, protect and restore the shine, apply a coat of paste car wax. Allow to dry to a haze and buff. Follow application directions on the wax you are using.