How to clean the kitchen sink and what to use
- After meals are over rinse the sink with dishwashing liquid
- At the end of the day, after the last meal prep, disinfect the sink. Keep a labeled spray bottle of 50 % rubbing alcohol and 50% water under the sink. Spray and wipe.
- When you are handling meat, especially poultry, you need to completely sanitize the sink. Use a cleaner that is safe for your sink material.
- For stainless White vinegar is best. Diluted bleach (2 parts water 2 parts bleach) is good for ceramic or cast iron sinks.
- Be sure you rinse with hot water to remove all residue.
- GOT ODOR? It is probably from the garbage disposal. Putting some citrus peels or fruit in it and running cold water with the disposal on will help.
- If you have a double sink and don't use one side often, be sure to run water down it daily. This prevents the trap from drying out creating odor.
- GOT STAINS and RUST? Use the Queen of Clean Powder Cleaner. It won't scratch any surface and will completely and easily remove stains and rust.