CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Super Glue in Carpet
What you need:
- Acetone Nail Polish Remover
- Paper Towels
- Putty Knife or Dull Straight Edge
- Cool Water
- Carpet Spotter
- Prior to doing anything, test the acetone polish remover in an inconspicuous area to be sure it won't damage the carpet
- Drip acetone polish remover on the glue, a little at a time, to dissolve the glue
- Don't pour it on, you don't want it to go through the carpet backing
- Allow it to sit for about 20 minutes
- Use a dull straight edge try to loosen the glue
- Remove it with paper towels
- If the area becomes saturated, step away and let it dry some, then continue
- Once it is all removed flush with cool water to remove the acetone
- Blot competely.
Warnings & Cautions:
Super Glue comes in many brands and is made of different ingredients depending on the brand. Success can not be guaranteed. The faster you treat the spill, the better. Even then it may not come out. If you have a small amount of glue remaining on the tips of the carpet trim the nap very carefully.DO NOT trim too much or you will have a bald spot in the carpet.
Check your glue container. If there is a phone number for the manufacturer call them and ask their advice. Generally they will have some ideas based on their brand of glue.