Clean and soften the bristles on paintbrushes
- Heat white vinegar until it is hot
- Place the vinegar in a throw away container, like an empty food can
- Put the paint brush in, being sure the bristles are covered including the metal piece that attaches the bristles to the handle
- Soak for 30 minutes or so to remove old paint and soften the bristles
- After the brush is clean, wash in hot, soapy water, brushing off paint as needed
- Rinse well and allow to air dry
- Toss the can and used vinegar.