CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
About this Tip:
Marble is highly susceptible to water rings and marks. When a glass is placed on a marble surface, condensation can drip down the outside of the glass and create a puddle of water. When the water evaporates, it leaves behind calcium and magnesium (hard water), which form a stain on the marble.
- Combine 3 - teaspoons baking soda and 1 - quart warm water. Mix well.
- Dip a microfiber cleaning cloth in the cleaning solution. It it will provide gentle scrubbing.
- Scrub the stain firmly until the water mark is removed.
- As you work be sure you keep the solution well mixed.
- Re-wet the cloth as often as needed.
- Allow the marble to air dry for a few hours or overnight. Don't rinse yet, let it dry.
- Now rinse the solution from the marble with cool water.
- Dry thoroughly with a clean microfiber cloth. Do not use your dishcloth or sponge. It will spread residue on the marble surface.
- If there is still a slight stain. Repeat process.
- If a slight stain still remains take a piece of FINE (0000) steel wool and firmly rub the spot, working only in the direction of the grain.