CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Making Lemon Oil
What you need:
- Liquid Coconut Oil
- Labeled Jar(s) to store in
- Choose a jar with a lid, Jar size depending on how much oil you want to make.
- Wash and dry lemons
- Peel lemons into thin slivers with a vegetable peeler. Use enough to pack into the jar.
- Pour enough liquid coconut oil over the peels to completely cover
- Put lid on jar
- Place in sunny window for two weeks
- Shake the jar once a day
- At the end of 2 weeks, strain out the peels
- Pour the oil into a labeled jar with a tight fitting lid
- This oil can be use as pure lemon essential oil or for lemon oil in cleaning recipes
You don't have to buy lemons especially to make this. As you use the juice from the lemons, if you don't need the zest, peel them and put peel in a sealable bag or container in the refrigerator until you have enough.
I use this many times as I would pure 100% essential oil
Why It Works:
The oil is pulled out of the lemon skins as they sit in the pure oil.