CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Hose Off Window Cleaner
About this Tip:
A quick easy alternative to washing and drying windows.
A quick easy alternative to washing and drying windows
- 1/4 - Cup of Dishwasher Spot Stopper like Jet Dry or Finish
- 1/4 - Cup 70% Rubbing Alcohol (find this at the drug store or big box store)
- 1/4 - Cup Ammonia
- 2 - Tablespoons Liquid Dish Soap
- 2 - Gallons Warm Water
- Combine ingredients in a bucket. Use a sponge, brush on a long pole, or sponge mop to apply the solution to the window
- Rinse off with the hose starting at the top and working down
- Let dry naturally
This will not give you totally perfect, spot-free windows, but it will remove the dirt with little or no effort.
Warnings & Cautions:
Do one or two windows at a time so the solution doesn't dry on the window before you rinse it
Make sure you do this on a cloudy day or when the sun is not shining on the windows. The windows will dry too fast and leave more spots
Why It Works:
The rubbing alcohol, ammonia and dish soap do the cleaning and the jet dry product will help the water sheet off the windows leaving fewer spots.