Solution for cleaning hardwood floors
What You Need:
- White Vinegar (1/3 cup)
- Warm water (1 Gallon)
- Lemon essential oil (2 to 3 drops) (Optional)
- Mop or Microfiber cloths
- Mix all the ingredients in a 2-gallon bucket
- Dip the mop head in and wring it out well so that it is just damp (wring out the microfiber cloths in the solution until just damp, if you are not using a mop.)
- Appy to floors, keeping the mop rinsed, and repeat
- If the solution becomes heavily soiled, dispose of and start with a fresh solution
A microfiber mop is best. This has a removable microfiber head that can be washed in the washing machine to keep it clean. If you have a large area purchase a handle and extra mop heads. Available at home centers, big box stores and online.
Warnings & Cautions:
Measure carefully. Acid in the vinegar can dull the wood floor finish if you use too much of the vinegar.
Why it Works:
Vinegar cuts through dirt and grime. Water thins out the solution so that it isn't too harsh on the wood. The lemon essential oil takes away the vinegar smell. The essential oil is optional and you can use any fragrance you wish.
Share with your friends!