What you should do before you wash hard floors
- A micro fiber floor sweeper, also called a dry mop, will pick up grime on hard surfaces.
- To avoid pushing dirty water around on your floors, dry mop them first.
- Once you have dry mopped you will have removed the dirt that can basically turn into muddy water.
- Now use a wet Micro fiber mop to wash the floors.
- Wring the mop head out in hot water and wash the floors. If you have a large number of hard floors, invest in additional mop heads.
- Do not use any cleaning products. They are not necessary when using micro fiber and will leave residue on the floors, much like washing your clothes and not rinsing.
- To Care For Micro fiber: Shake out the dry mop or vacuum it, and put it and the wet mop heads in the washer.
- Wash in warm water with ONLY detergent, no additives that will ruin the micro fiber.
- Allow to air dry.
- If you have a number of mops and cloths to wash, dry them in the dryer on very low heat or the air dry setting.