CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Deodorizing the Air – NATURALLY
About this Tip:
Scent Jars: This is a quick easy way to freshen the air in your home or office naturally
Scent Jars: This is a quick easy way to freshen the air in your home naturally
- General Procedure:
- Collect your choice of ingredients in a 2 cup jar with a lid - See suggestions below or create your own
- Cover with 2 cups water, store in the refrigerator and heat to use
- Suggested Fragrances: Place ingredients in your jar and cover with water.
- Oranges, Cinnamon and Cloves: This scent carries throughout the house. It is uplifting.
- Lemon, Vanilla, Rosemary: This one mimics the scented water often simmering in Williams-Sonoma stores. It has a lovely freshness
- Lime, Bay Leaf or Mint & Almond or Vanilla Extract. This is a subtle scent
- Orange, Ginger (fresh or powdered) and Almond Extract. This is a sweet, delicious scent
- Pine or Cedar Twigs, Bay Leaves, and Nutmeg. Great scent for the holidays
- Store in the refrigerator or you can freeze them. You can also put the ingredients together and use immediately.Save fruit you have used for other purposes to use for this.
These are wonderful if you are expecting guests, house showings when selling a home, and they don't smell like you doused the air with chemical smells to cover something up.