CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Water Marks, Heat Scars, and White Rings on Wood Furniture
What you need:
- Petroleum Jelly
- Butter or Margarine
- Optional: Cigarette Ashes or Rottenstone (find at hardware stores)
- Non-Gel White Toothpaste
- Massage mayonnaise into the marks and leave it on overnight.
- Wipe off the mayonnaise and the marks should be gone
- You can also use petroleum jelly (Vaseline) , butter or margarine the same way
- For stubborn spots, mix cigarette ashes (harder to find now) or rottenstone (Available at hardware stores) with the mayonnaise and repeat the procedure
- Nongel white toothpaste is also effective in removing white water rings
- Dab toothpaste on a damp cloth and gently massage the ring in a circular motion until it is gone
- Wipe and buff with a soft cloth.
- Apply furniture polish if necessary
Check outside smoking areas for a few cigarette ashes that you can pick up wearing a throw away glove.