What You Need:
- Very hot or boiling water
- Appropriate size container to hold the filter(s)
- DAWN Ultra Dish Washing Liquid
- Baking Soda
- Brush with a handle
- Paper Towels
- Remove filter(s) from vent hood
- Fill sink or other container with hot or boiling water
- Add about 1 - Tablespoon of dish soap
- Add a good handleful of baking soda
- Stir the water with a brush to combine the ingredients
- Submerge the filters in the solution
- Let sit 10 - 20 minutes
- Use the brush to scrub the filter
- Rinse well with hot water and follow with a cool rinse
- Dry with paper towels
- DO NOT replace the filters until they are totally dry.
- Stand on edge to drain and dry
If it has been a long time since you cleaned the filter, repeat if needed.
Share with your friends!