What You Need:
- Your garbage disposal has a black rubber splash guard (gasket) inside the drain. It keeps the grinding food from splashing back and also keeps thingss
- from getting inside the disposal.
- Here's What You Need:
- Disposable Gloves - Trust me you don't want your bare hands or your regular kitchen rubber gloves touching what is under there!
- White Vinegar
- OLD throw-away toothbrush
- Liquid dish soap or Queen of Clean All Purpose Cleaner
- Put on disposaable gloves
- Normally the gasket is removable by reaching under it and puling up on it
- This gasket is where all the water, food and gross stuff collects. It sits there and boy can it stink! Be sure you have yor gloves on
- Carefully, slowly, pull out the splash guard and turn it over. Be prepared for what you will see.
- Spray it with White Vinegar and let it sit 5 to 10 minutes to loosen everything.
- Use an OLD throw-away toothbrush and some undiluted dish soap to scrub it clean.
- Repeat the process if needed
- Rinse with hot water
- Reinstall by pusing it back in until it fits snuggly.
- If for some reason your gasket is not removable, lift it up to expose it and use the toothbrush to clean the same way
- Clean and sanitize the sink with your favorite cleaner or Queen of Clean All Purpose Cleaner
- Throw out the gloves and toothbrush
Share with your friends!