CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Removing smells from the Litter Box
What you need:
- Garbage bag to put used litter in
- Normal cleaner to wash box out thoroughly
- Enough fresh litter to fill the litter box
- Empty all used litter into garbage bag and dispose of
- Wash out the litter box as you usually do and rinse well
- Sit the box in the sun for at least 20 minutes to dry thoroughly
- Fill box with fresh litter
When your cat digs in the litter box, the claws leave behind scratches in the plastic that harbor odor-causing bacteria.
Every time you do a complete clean out on the litter box follow this procedure
Why It Works:
The sun works like bleach, killing germs so that the litter box smells fresh. Repeat each time you empty the litter box.