CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Removing Mud From Carpet
What you need:
- Salt or Baking Soda
- Vacuum and the attachment hose
- Carpet Stain Remover
- Rust Remover such as Whink Rust Remover or Rust Magic.
- Cool water
- Paper Towels
- Sprinkle a heavy layer of salt or baking soda over the mud. Allow it to absorb and dry out the mud. Leaving overnight is best.
- Using the vacuum, with the attachment hose to concentrate the suction, vacuum up the mud and covering of salt or baking soda
- Use a good carpet spotter following the label directions carefully
- If you are dealing with red dirt or mud, use a rust remover such as Whink or Rust Magic, to remove any color residue.
- Test the rust remover in a small area first to be sure there is no damage to the carpet. Use according to label directions
- Finish by blotting with cool water and then dry pads of paper towels
Why It Works:
The rust remover works on red dirt or mud because it removes the staining from the iron in the red dirt.