How to remove old candle wax leftovers from a jar candle
- Use a knife (with care) or narrow putty knife to pry out the candle base and any chunks of wax left in the jar.
- Scrape away excess wax and remove the wick collar (the metal end of the wick).
- When the jar is relatively clean, put it in the microwave for about 20 seconds until the wax softens. Repeat if needed
- Wipe away any melted wax with a paper towel.
- You can use D-Solv-It or Goo Gone to remove any remaining wax.
- Now the jar can be repurposed