What You Need:
- Aluminium Foil
- Dull straight edge (dish scraper, plastic putty knife, old credit card)
- Blow dryer
- Petroleum Jelly
- Denatured Alcohol
- Nail Polish Remover
- Paper Towels or Old Rag
- Lay the foil over the decals and press it down.
- Heat the foil with a blow dryer until it is nice and hot
- Work up the edge of the decal with the dull straight edge
- Keep applying the heat to the lifted edge of the decal
- Lift the decal as it loosens
- If the decal is stubborn, repeat the foil step
- To remove any left over residue use one of the following:
- Petroluem Jelly - Work it in and rub with a pad of paper towels
- Denatured Alcohol - Let it sit on the residue and then rub firmly with paper towels
- Nail Polish Remover - Apply, let sit and then rub
- Wash the tub with your regular cleaner and rinse
Warnings & Cautions:
The foil can get hot so I use tongs to hold it down. Test the residue removing products in an inconspicuous area to be sure they cause no damage.
I like to wear disposable rubber-type gloves to keep any sticky residue off my hands.
Share with your friends!