CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Permanent Marker Stain on Clothes/Fabrics
What you need:
- Denatured Alcohol
- Old Toothbrush
- Nongel White Toothpaste
- Baking Soda
- Denture Cleaning Tablets
- Hydrogen Peroxide Based Bleach
- Lava(TM) Soap
- Fill a glass with denatured alcohol (Use a size appropriate to the stain).
- Dip the stained area into the alcohol, allowing it to soak.
- If it appears that the marker is being removed, continue the process.
- If the stain is stubborn, try scrubbing the marker stain with an old toothbrush and white nongel toothpaste and baking soda.
- Give a really good scrubbing.
- If marker stain is still there, scrub with Lava(TM) soap prior to trying the denture cleaning tablets.
- If the stain is almost gone, soak in a cup of warm water and 2 denture cleaning tablets for whites. For colorfast clothes soak in hydrogen peroxide based bleach.
- Launder as usual.
Warnings & Cautions:
Be sure to entirely remove stain before drying, otherwise the stain may be permanently set in.
Permanent usually means permanent! These steps will require some time, but if the stain comes out, it'll be worth it!