CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
MIRACLE TOILET CLOG BUSTER
What you need:
- Liquid Dish Soap
- Hot Water
- Soup or Stock-type pot or large saucepan
- Heat 1 - gallon of water on the stove over low to medium heat. Use a pot with 2 side handles for easy pouring
- Squirt about 1/2 - Cup of liquid dish soap into the toilet. More is better than less.
- Allow the soap to sit for about 20 minutes. The soap will sink to the bottom of the toilet and to the clog. It will act as a lubricant & also break things up.
- Carefuly remove the pot of water from the stove BEFORE it boils. You will notice bubbles starting to form on the bottom of the pot. Now is the time to remove it.
- Don't pour boiling water into the toile bowl. It could crack the cold porcelain bowl
- Pour the water quickly into the toilet. Use care not to splash yourself with hot water.
- If the toilet is close to overflowing, first try using a plunger after the dish soap has sat for 20 minutes to allow some of the bowl water to go down.
- Plunge the toilet a few more times after pouring in the hot water if the clog doesn't automatically disappear down the drain.
- If the clog remains, repeat the process once more with the liquid dish soap and hot water.
- All that's left is to wash the area around the toilet and the toilet.
Warnings & Cautions:
Do Not pour boiling water into the toilet. The water should be hot enough to be close to a boil, but not boiling.
Buy liquid dish soap at the $$$ Store for this use. It does not need to be an expensive brand. If you are concerned about more water entering the toilet when you flush, shut the water off at the tank. Call a plumber if you do this process twice with no result.