CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
How to Stop a Non-Stick Skillet from Sticking
What you need:
- Baking Soda
- Delicate Scrubbing Pad or Soft Brush
- White Vinegar
- Dish Washing Liquid
- Make a paste of equal portions baking soda and warm water.
- Use the cleaning pad to rub the paste into the pan in a circular motion
- If the baking soda starts to discolor it is removing the cooking residue from the pan
- Wash the pan and dry
- If the pan is still sticking:
- Pour a solution of 1 part white vinegar
- 2 - Parts water to cover the bottom of the pan
- Simmer the solution for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Let it sit until the solution cools. Dump the vinegar solution
- Wash the pan in hot sudsy water and dry
Generally when a non-stick pan starts to stick it means food and grease have built up on it. These cleaning methods will provide deep cleaning. If these methods don't work, the non-stick surface of the pan may be worn and/or damaged. That means it's time to invest in a new pan.