What You Need:
- Old towel
- Liquid chlorine bleach
- Old toothbrush
- White Vinegar
- Step 1:
- Use a towel to dry inside the gasket which is the rubber rim around the opening.
- Spray with a solution of one part liquid chlorine bleach and 2 parts water
- SScrub with an old toothbrush
- Wipe away residue and any remaining bleach with a paper towel or rag
- Step 2:
- Fill the detergent dispenser with white vinegar
- Run the hottest cycle with the washer empty
- Step 3:
- Keep wildew from returning by drying the gasket and leaving the door slightly open after each load of wash
- Repeat the vinegar wash step every month or as needed
Warnings & Cautions:
Never combine chlorine bleach and vinegar in the same container. Always wipe bleach residue away after cleaning the gasket.
Once you follow the deep cleaning directions above, leaving the door open will, hopefully, solve the problem
Share with your friends!