CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Getting Rid of Fruit Flies
What you need:
- 4 oz glass
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Plastic wrap
- First, remove any damaged produce from counters and toss
- Toss some ice cubes in the garbage disposal and turn the disposal on to clean out and freshen. Be sure the trash can is clean also
- Fill a 4- 8 oz glass half way full with apple cider vinegar
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap
- Poke a few holes in it with a toothpick
- Place the glass trap in an area where you have noticed the most fruit flies
- The adult fruit flies will fly in and not be able to get out.
- Check the glass frequently
- Clean and refill as needed
You must use Apple Cider Vinegar for this
You can also use a plastic throw away glass if you prefer.
Why It Works:
The fruit flies are attracted to the smell of the apple cider vinegar. They will enter the jar/trap through the holes and not come back out.