CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Fruit and Fruit Juice Stains
What you need:
- Soda Water/Seltzer Water/Cold Water
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Twenty Mule Team Borax(TM)
- As soon as possible sponge or spray stained area with soda water or seltzer. (If not available use cold water. Do NOT use hot water!)
- Rub liquid laundry detergent into spot, scrubbing vigorously between your thumbs.
- NOW rinse under hot running water, as hot as the fabric can tolerate.
- Pull the fabric taut and allow the full force of the water to flow through the stained area. The stronger the flow the better.
- If the stain is still visible, make a paste of Twenty Mule Team Borax(TM) and warm water.
- Work the paste into the stained area.
- Let paste dry and brush off.
- Repeat as needed.
Fresh fruit stains, if treated promptly, will usually come out. Quick treatment is especially important for fruits such as peach and citrus.
Warnings & Cautions:
Fruit stains absolutely must be removed before the fabric is washed. The combination of heat and age will set fruit stains and they will be impossible to remove.