What You Need:
- Soda Water/Seltzer Water/Cold Water
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Twenty Mule Team Borax(TM)
- As soon as possible sponge or spray stained area with soda water or seltzer. (If not available use cold water. Do NOT use hot water!)
- Rub liquid laundry detergent into spot, scrubbing vigorously between your thumbs.
- NOW rinse under hot running water, as hot as the fabric can tolerate.
- Pull the fabric taut and allow the full force of the water to flow through the stained area. The stronger the flow the better.
- If the stain is still visible, make a paste of Twenty Mule Team Borax(TM) and warm water.
- Work the paste into the stained area.
- Let paste dry and brush off.
- Repeat as needed.
Fresh fruit stains, if treated promptly, will usually come out. Quick treatment is especially important for fruits such as peach and citrus.
Warnings & Cautions:
Fruit stains absolutely must be removed before the fabric is washed. The combination of heat and age will set fruit stains and they will be impossible to remove.
Share with your friends!