CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Crayon Stain on Washables (Fabrics such as wool, acrylic, linen, cotton, and polyester.)
What you need:
- 2 Pieces of brown paper (Grocery bags works well)
- Hydrogen Peroxide Based Bleach
- Lay the stain between two pieces of brown paper. (Be sure any lettering on the bags is away from the fabric)
- Press with a warm/medium iron.
- Keep changing brown paper as the wax is absorbed into it.
- If any color mark remains, soak the garment in hydrogen peroxide based bleach.
- Launder as usual.
Warnings & Cautions:
Be sure that the stain is entirely removed before drying, otherwise the stain may be set in and will not be able to be removed. Make sure any lettering on the paper is facing away from the fabric, otherwise the lettering may transfer onto your item.
Why It Works:
The paper works as a blotter to absorb the crayon as it is heated.