CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Cola and Soft Drinks on Washable Clothes
What you need:
- Rubbing Alcohol
- 3% Hydrogen Peroxide
- Hydrogen Peroxide Based Bleach
- Sponge spill as soon as possible with a solution of equal parts rubbing alcohol and water.
- On washable clothes, bleach out remaining stains with an equal mixture of 3% hydrogen peroixide and water.
- Saturate stain and wait 20 minutes.
- Repeat if stain remains.
- When stain is gone, launder as usual.
- Yoou can also soak the fabric in a solution of hydrogen peroxide based bleach as directed on the container
Getting the stain out as soon as possible is important, soft drinks will discolor fabrics as they oxidize.
Warnings & Cautions:
Be sure that stain is totally removed before putting in dryer, otherwise the stain will be set in and may never be able to be removed.