What You Need:
- Microfiber mop and extra micro fiber mop heads
- Twenty Mule Team Borax (Laundry additive aisle)
- Cloth mop or chamois-type mop
- Dry rag (optional)
- Firwt remove th loose dust and dir ton the floor. Either vacuum or use a dry mop head or micro fiber mop head to dry dust the floor *This is any important step. Otherwise the dirt turns to muddy/dirty water on the floor
- If you are using a micro fiber mop wet the mop heads with warm water and squeeze out most of the water. Use NO cleaning products. The microfiber mop head removes 99.8% of dirt from the floor
- Let the floor dry, machine wash the mop heads with detergnt in the washer. DO NOT add bleach or softener. This ruins micro fiber and it becomes nothing more than a rag
- Micro Fiber is the recommended way to clean. DO NOT ever us a sponge mop. It acs like a squeegee and pulls the dirty water into the grout tracks.
- If you are not using micro fiber:
- Combine the following:
- 1-gallon warm water
- 2 - Tablespoons ammonia
- 1 - Tablespoon Twenty Mule Team Borax (in the laundry additive aisle)
- Mop the floor with the solution using a cloth or chamois-type mop
- If you have a gloss-finish tile you may need to dry it. To do this, put a rag under your foot and wipe over the floor.
- Rinse the mop frequently to keep from using dirty water on the floor
Warnings & Cautions:
DO NOT use vinegar. It is acidic and eventually will etch the grout.
Share with your friends!