What You Need:
- Lots of paper towels/or throw away rags
- Club Soda or Seltzer (alternate: cold water)
- Carpet Spotter - I like Spot Shot Instant Carpet Stain Remover, availalbe at grocery big box stores, and home centers
- White Vinegar
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Queen of Clean OOPS, POOPS & PEE Enzyme Cleaner
- Queen of Clean WHAT STINKS?! Removes unpleasant pet odors
- Pick up any solid waste using paper towels or lift with a dull straight edge like a plastic putty knife
- Absorb all the urine and liquid you can with pads of paper towels or throw away rags. Stand on the heavy pad of towels to absorb all you can
- Pour club soda or seltzer water on the spill. Don't be afraid to really pour it on. The carbonation in the soda will "bubble up" the spill so that you can blot it up
- If you don't have club soda use cool water.
- Treat with your favorite carpet spotter following directions on the container
- If you don't have carpet spotter use 1/2 cup white vinegar and 1/2 cup cool water. Spray on and continually blot
- If you have staining combine 1/2 - cup hydrogen peroxide and 1- teaspoon of ammonia. Apply to the area., let sit for 30 minutes and then blot. Retreat if needed.
- BEST SOLUTION:
- Use an enzyme product, like Queen of Clean OOPS,POOPS & PEE , (queenofclean.com)to disgest the protein in the pet or people accident.
- Apply according to label directons. This will clean the area and help with the odor
- If you still have odor, use Queen of Clean WHAT STINKS?! (queenofclean.com) according to label directions. This will treat the odor and remove it. It is not a fragrance cover up
Warnings & Cautions:
Don't over sturate carpet. Always blot really well to remove all the accident and cleaning solution you can. If using an enzyme prouct, follow label directions and don't use any other product first. It will kill the live enzymes.
The best way to remove pet accidents is with an enzyme product because it actually digests the problem.
Share with your friends!