What You Need:
- Hand washing sink or basin
- Cool Water
- Gentle Detergent without additives, baby shampoo or Pure Castile Soap. Do not use detergents with additives.
- Hair Conditioner
- Cashmere is an expensive fiber that comes from the undercoat of cashmere goats.
- Many recommend dry cleaning for these pieces. You can do that if you like.
- You can, however, carefully launder Cashmere.
- Hand wash cashmere in cool water with your chosen cleaner
- Gently squeeze the washing solution through the garment. Do not wring or lift up and down
- Drain the washing water from the basin or sink
- Fill the basin with cool water and gently swish through the garment
- Drain the rinse water and do this several times.
- For the last rinse at a 1/2 teaspoon of hair conditioner to the rinse water in the sink and gently squeeze this rinse water through the garment
- Lift the sweater carefully out by gathering it up.
- Do this several times with fresh towels.
- Lay it on a towel and roll it in the towel to remove the water. Do not twist or wring
- Lay the garment flat to dry, gently reshaping as it drys
- Iron on the wrong side of the fabric while still damp if needed. Use only a warm iron
Share with your friends!