What You Need:
- Club Soda or Seltzer
- Light colored towels or pads of paper towels
- Putty Knife or Dull Straight Edge
- Carpet Spotter
- Blot up as much moisture from the spill as you can - laying old towels or pads of paper towels over the spill and standing on them to aborb liquid quickly
- Scrape up any solids - A plastic putty knife is great for this
- Pour club soda or seltzer watere on the spill. Don't be afraid to really pour it on. The carbonation in the soda will "bubble up" the spill so that you can blot it up
- Again, cover the spot with clean, light-colored towels, rags or paper towels and stand on them. This will really help to absorb the spill
- Continue to pour and absorb until all the color from the spill has been blotted up and the towel is coming away clean
- One the area is just damp, follow up with a good quality carpet stain remover
- When you spot carpet never rub, it will only spread the stain and will cause abrasion to the carpet fibers
- This is agood general cleaning method for most spills an definitely will not cause damage
This is a general guide to spotting all kinds of carpet spills. Check out tips for more specific spotting tips such as red wine, red pop, Kool-Aid and more by typing in the name of your stain. This method id a good place to start for any spill.
Share with your friends!