CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
Candle Wax on Clothes or Linens
What you need:
- Plastic Bag (Large enough to hold item to be cleaned)
- Dull Straight edge (i.e. - Back of a knife, old credit card)
- 2 - Brown Paper Bags (Grocery store bags would work fine)
- Ironing Board
- Denatured Alcohol
- Place the item in the plastic bag and put in freezer.
- Let the wax freeze.
- Scrape off what you can with dull straight edge.
- Lay brown paper bag on ironing board (No writing facing the fabric)
- Cover the item with the other paper bag (Again, make sure no writing from the bag is facing the item.)
- Press with a medium/hot iron, moving the paper bag like a blotter until you have absorbed every bit of wax you can.
- Blot leftover color stains with denatured alcohol.
- Use patience to ensure best results.
- Be sure any writing on the paper bags is facing away from the fabric, otherwise you may transfer the lettering to your fabric.
Use patience to ensure best results.
Warnings & Cautions:
Be sure any writing on the paper bags is facing away from the fabric, otherwise you may transfer the lettering to your fabric.