CLEANING TIP SEARCH
Find your cleaning solution below
Search the Queen's cleaning tip solution library by typing in a keyword phrase below:
ACETATE – How To Launder
What you need:
- Washing Machine or Basin to hand wash
- Cold Water
- Acetate is a temperamental fabric. Do not allow it to become heavily soiled and do not use an enzyme detergent when laundering
- Aetate is commonly used for curtains, brocades, taffetas, and satin (Think evening wear)
- Acetate is also a popular lining.
- Read the care label on the garment.
- Follow those steps. If you do not have a care label, try this:
- You usually can machine wash acetate in cold water or you can hand wash using mild detergent and cold water
- Be sure not to spin or wring aetate - this will set wrinkles
- Rinse extremely well
- Press with a cool (low setting) iron on the wrong side of the fabric.
- If your care tag says "dry clean" follow that advice
Always leave the care tag on clothes and follow it.
Warnings & Cautions:
If in doubt, try applying water on a seam to check for damage that might occur prior to washing. Wet the area, blot and let dry to see what the effect will be on the acetate.