Tricks to care for wooden utensils
- DO NOT immerse wooden spoons in water for longer than a couple of minutes
- Wash with hot soapy water, rinse thoroughly and dry immediately
- NEVER put in the dishwasher
- If your spoons are rough and fuzzy you can refurbish them with a brand new steel wool pad. Rub along the grain of the wood until they feel smooth
- Rinse well and dry
- Oil the wood. Oil moisturizes wood and provides a protective barrier.
- Use non toxic oil such as mineral, olive, walnut or coconut oil.
- Throughly saturate the wood with the oil and let sit overnight
- Rub away the excess and you are done.
- Re-treat as needed. This will keep the wood from absorbing food stains and odors